Cockroaches are not rare and they can infest a home quickly without you first suspecting it. Nearly everyone has had cockroach problems and they know that cockroaches will and can feed on anything and hide in the most unsuspected places. Worst of all, they can be a serious and fatal hazard to those with breathing problems and asthma. The only way to eradicate them is by using the most efficient and effective cockroach killers.
There are numerous products to help in killing these pests and regardless if you don’t have a cockroach infestation yet, it is best to keep them at hand in case it happens. One of the most effective killers is Boric acid. Boric acid is from a natural mineral called Borate and in powder form it has been proven to be a highly effective cockroach killer. Cockroaches will crawl through it and thus ingest it. Bait traps are another form of cockroach killer where cockroaches will crawl in and ingest the potent killer and die.
Professional Cockroach Killers
As we all find quality cockroach killer products in stores, the most effective ones are used by the professional exterminators. Although engaging the services of an exterminator is quite expensive, they can effectively do the dirty work for us. Another way for people to purchase such products that professionals use would be through the internet. These professional cockroach killers are still used like store bought products, but would require safe handling as they contain stronger poisons. Professional cockroach killer kits are also available on the internet for purchase and they contain effective poisons, bait stations and quality spray systems that professionals usually use. Basically, compared to hiring a professional and purchasing a professional kit, this is rather affordable and much more convenient if you wish to manage this on your own in your own home as you know your house better anyone else.
Eliminating Cockroaches Effectively
As a newbie in exterminating cockroaches, using effective and most potent cockroach killers is advisable. Try using bait traps, boric acid and sprays. Again, as hiring an exterminator’s services is quite pricey, opt to do it yourself by using only the best products you can find either from the store or better yet, the internet. As you constantly use these methods, you will be able to familiarize yourself with the different options available to you and be able to decide which ones are the best suited fro your home and which are most effective in your opinion. This also is a way to save money than spend a lot all at once for a single visit of an exterminator.
Here are some options you can try these tips to get rid of those cockroaches from your home:
- Locate the cockroach nest. Without knowing where the nest is you will be unable to completely kill them all. Most likely, cockroaches’ nests are found near water sources. You can place bait traps to be able to distinguish where they are hiding in large numbers. Upon discovering the nest, you can then spray their nest with the most effective and fatal cockroach killer available and then clean up the area after with bleach to make sure it is clean and bacteria free.
- Be sure to place boric acid dust into the baseboards and crevices you find, especially where there are damp areas. This dust will dry up the areas and then kill the cockroaches.
- You can use the boric acid as bait all throughout your house, placing them under sinks, crevices and under counters. You can also place the bait in places where you think they may not go so as to ensure that cockroaches will not stray into those areas.
- You can spray flooring and baseboards with insecticides as it a faster technique in killing cockroaches than boric acid. However, the combination of boric acid and insecticide will kill cockroaches faster than them being used individually.
- As water is needed by cockroaches rather than food to survive, it is best not to allow any water to be left dripping or standing. As cockroaches live in drains, bleach can be poured regularly to kill them. You can also turn off the main water switch to make sure that the infestation disappears. Insecticides or bleach can also be poured into toilet bowls. As for food, they should all be tightly sealed in plastic containers, ensuring that there won’t be any single spill or crumble for these pests to feed on. As cockroaches can feed on anything, they can also feed through paper and soaps, so you will have to store them in containers as well.
- As cockroaches thrive in humid areas. It would be best to keep your home as cool as possible. And keep corner available and not stashed with furniture or any items that can give these pests a place to hide in.
- Some appliances can be infested by cockroaches, so if you have an infested appliance it would be best to throw them away.
- Another option is a bit friendlier to cockroaches. You can make a trail of food leading them away from your home and into the road or perhaps a neighbor’s house. Cockroaches are nocturnal, so they can follow the trail at night wherever it may lead to. And this may be the option you may take if you are not up to using chemicals or cleaning up after their deaths.
- For a more economical and effective solution, you can use cockroach bait. These baits can last up to a year and are very effective. The mrf 2000 cockroach bait is a boric acid bait formula that pest control professionals use worldwide and are very effective.
Eradicating cockroaches is not a friendly task and it can be quite tiresome if you are not prepared for such an ordeal. But knowing how to get rid of them is a must if you wish to keep your family’s health safe and your home pest free clean.